Saturday, July 14, 2012
Back At It
Monday morning I started running again. Jon and I agreed to an "every other morning" schedule where one of us gets up with Henry about 5:15 and the other one puts on their running shoes and hits the trail for an hour. We are lucky enough to live a few minutes from a park full of trails. And I was lucky enough to find a trail into the park that doesn't involve an extreme incline (getting out of our neighborhood is a little hilly).
It's a good set-up; if there is a day I really don't feel like getting up I'll remember that Jon did it yesterday and I am a pansy if I sleep in. And if I don't do it today I won't get the chance tomorrow - that feeling of arriving home at the end of a run is sublime, yes?
Right now it hurts. Everything. I'll be going on run number four tomorrow. I've clocked three hours and 12.82 miles so far. I have a new vision of myself: I want to be someone who says, "Sweet! I only have to do five miles today!" One week at a time...
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment