Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Shores of Lake Supee-wah

We were all a little tired and sluggish after another Bacon Saturday (a weekend tradition that involves no more than 12 people and no less than 3 pounds of bacon). We decided a trip up the shore with Auntie was just what we needed to get us going and refresh our saturated souls.

We drove up to check out Split Rock Lighthouse.

Then hiked along the Split Rock River.

We found bridges and waterfalls, rocks and bones. We hiked about 2.5 miles and Henry looked like this most of the time:

Weeeeeeee! 
He did way better than I did, but I was able to keep up.

I couldn't believe how long his little legs just kept on moving. He was checking everything out, running from one stick to the next and taking in all the scenery. At one point he needed to stop for a potty break and exclaimed, "My pee looks like a waterfall!" Yes, yes it does buddy.

We also had to throw some rocks in the river (obviously). 

And pose for a scenic family snap.


We stopped for an awesome dinner at Rustic Inn Cafe on the way home. We were all completely pooped when we got back to Duluth. I am so looking forward to more time up the shore this summer. Bring on the warm weather and sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment