Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Month Gone By

A month has gone by and here we are in a New Year - on the other side of what was one of the best holiday seasons that I can remember. It was low-key, cozy and the pace was slow (in a really good way).

I have been reading some of my blog posts from a few years back and am so happy that I have documented so much of the past few years here. I am struggling lately with taking pictures and fear I am missing documenting a chapter or two of this part of our life. I am far more interested in being in the moment and soaking up all I can now rather than being stuck behind a camera worrying about the angle of the shot I am taking. I am lucky to have a few photographers in my family, but strive to be at least a little bit better about this myself so I don't have to pester them for pictures of my kid.

Here are a few pictures of that kid in some of the highlight moments of the past month. My work party was extremely kid-friendly and Henry was loving the picture booth. I bet we spent 20 minutes here and he tried out every fun prop they had. I had a string of emails flooding my work inbox the following week with these fun pictures attached:




Henry also got in his very own game of kickball with Santa - how lucky can a boy get?! This picture makes me giggle and also feels a little bit magic:


We also hit up Bentleyville again this year and we got an awesomely warm night (it was much warmer than last year at Bentleyville). One of us ate french fries for dinner, we took the train in to see the lights, and we met up with some cousins for the walkthrough:




A few other highlights and updates:

We've been playing dress-up a ton! I think school is 
really bringing out the pretend play in Henry. So fun!

He's a little bit scared of the dark lately and sneaks out of 
bed to turn on his light after we say goodnight. We find him
laying there in the morning and during nap time with all lights on.

Jon joined a hockey league and is loving ice time. Henry 
refuses to skate so far, but likes to put on Jon's helmet. 
We'll get him out there one of these days.

Lastly, we've been keeping it classy with some 
high-quality cold-weather feel-good meals.

Like I said, CLASSY, people...  :)


Cheers to 2015 - I'm thinking this is going to be one of the best years yet. 





1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Cheers to a classy new year :)

    ReplyDelete