Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tribute to a True SuperDad

Jon starts work tomorrow. You've probably been hearing this over the last few months, "Yes, only two more months. Yes, only five weeks. Yes, just two more weeks! Five days left. Last day!" It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new adventure. We thrive on change, transition and "new," and we are ready to start this next phase. Not without a little bit of what we like to call "bittersweet," however. 

With the exception of about 6 months and not counting this summer, Jon has been a student since I met him (!!!). That's right. He has been taking at least one class for the last seven years (and even longer than this as I just mean we met about seven years ago). 

For the past five weeks, he has been home full-time, parenting Henry and doing really awesome things like this:


Um, can you see this giant ramp that feeds right into the tunnel?

And this:

I came home almost every night to something like this.

Not to mention an adventure of some type every.single.day:

Fishing up north.

Walks to the lake to throw rocks.

A two-night camping trip with "Buddy Joe."

Staying up until 10:00pm hanging out with dad in the tent.

S'mores before bed.

Garden water fun (aka 'soaking dad') at Grandma and Papa's.


And LOTS of bike trailer trips up the shore and all over town.


As Henry gets bigger and older and smarter and quicker, he maintains the same laid-back temperament as his dad. AND he gets to have Jon as his dad; such a lucky kid. I had one of the best summers of my life last summer, and I have referred to the summer of 2013 as my "summer of dreams," but I think this one is right up there with last summer (and there is still a month left to go). 




No comments:

Post a Comment