Saturday, May 19, 2012

Madtown: City of Adventure

We've been in Madison for just under a week and have been going non-stop. The weather has been absolutely perfect since we arrived (though a little warm today) and we are taking advantage of all of the time we have with Jon now before he starts school. Some of our adventures have included:

Henry Vilas Zoo
Henry is the name of the lion at the zoo here. 
My friend Evah sponsored Henry the Lion in my 
name as a gift. We went to the zoo this day 
particularly to meet Henry the Lion. 

ROAR! I'm a ferocious lion. 

Mom and Dad enjoyed the animals while I slept 
for a good portion of the zoo tour.  


The Terrace at UW
We went to get Daddy's ID card and then to have 
lunch (and a beer) at the Terrace at Daddy's new school. 
A prime place to hang out on a perfectly sunny day.


Swimming!
Our new house has a POOL! It was hot this 
day so we decided to take a dip. This was my 
first time swimming and I loved it. 

Especially when Daddy made motorboat noises.

Check out my adorable swim trunks! Mama is glad 
I was able to wear them at least once before 
they're too small (they might not fit tomorrow).


New Food!
Mama got a crazy cool cookbook for her birthday 
and I have now tried broccoli, spinach, 
parmesan, yogurt and apple juice (sort of). 


I think I liked the spinach.


Yeah, I did.


Not so sure about the broccoli concoction, Mom.


Farmer's Market
Here we are taking a snack break at the market. 
This was my favorite adventure of the week so far. 
The market was PACKED and I was loving all of the 
action. I was a big hit in my Wisconsin hat. People 
were ooohing and aaahing over me all morning. 

I was having a hard time drinking my bottle because 
I was so distracted by all of the people. After the market 
(and a nap) we went for a hike to Picnic Point with 
Uncle Dan. No pictures to prove it, but I loved it. 


Madison is also the city of daily baths. All this adventuring results in a daily bath for the dirty little munchkin. I can't believe how filthy he (and his dad) can get in a few hours. He's sleeping now, all clean and ready for adventuring tomorrow. It's garden day tomorrow! H was sleeping when Daddy went to "stake our claim" (literally, using a stake with our apartment number on it to mark our spot in the community garden) so he missed out on that...but tomorrow we will be planting. And probably bathing again too.

"I love Madison, people!!!"

.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, he is completely irresistible!!!! That smile, those eyes, and those little bottom teeth?!? Get out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I miss you guys! Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete