Sunday, July 31, 2011

C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N

This moved me one evening in the midst of a crazy work week as I sat down to catch up on some baby reading. I have been working crazy hours for a few weeks and have been busy with a multitude of things whizzing by as we prepare to train nearly 1200 people in the next two weeks.

This has happened a variety of times - while interviewing applicants, in principal meetings, talking about the securing of additional funding for next year. This woman took the words right out of my heart:

My baby quivers inside my belly
and my world stops.
Around me, clouded and fuzzy, 
Computers whirr,
Errand boys run, 
Telephones ring. 
Hustling and bustling, 
the office carries on. 

But I sit, seat pushed back 
from my desk
with my hand on the future.

-Marlene Anne Bumgarner


Lots of baby posts lately. Can you tell what is on my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment