Monday, January 21, 2013

EAter OF hAM sANdW1chEs

Things get lost in our house fast. Henry has secret hiding places for things (like in Jon's computer bag, over the gate, on the chair under the table, in the toilet, etc.) and we often find funny things in funny places. 

We are working on literacy skills lately. They say the more contact with print, the better!

I pick these letters up off of the floor at least six times a day; I like to create new words and phrases when I put them back up. (That's the die-hard Scrabble player in me I think.) Yes, that is an upside-down "V" filling in for "A" and yes, a "1" and a "3" are filling in for letters here. I also made that red "h" out of an "l" and an "n." If I could find those letters in this house, I would put them back up on the fridge...(and then probably spell other things instead of "eater of ham sandwiches"). But they have been hidden somewhere in this house and I will probably find them in a few weeks when I'm putting on my boots, vacuuming the couch or cleaning out the pantry.

Hey! Here's another one:

Just teaching my kid literacy skills, people. More contact with print!


No comments:

Post a Comment